Sunday, August 5, 2007

Native American Style Artwork

The following are pictures of items that I made in years past. I have sold or given away all but one or two of these.



This is a combination dream catcher and chimes. I had made chimes out of silverware several years before, putting them together with bent wire decorations and old glass beads. The combination of the chimes with the dream catchers turned out better than I had imagined.
















The chokers were fun to create, to see how the different combinations would come out. One of the "bear claws" were plastic, purchased from the leather store. The other two my father carved for me. I still wear the top choker and get comments from people everytime I wear it.






This is a medium size dream catcher. It is unusual as that I only wove the bottom half and not the whole circle.






This is a mandela, it is about 2 ft across, very large. I wish I had a better camera, the flash has bled out the colors.





This was the second necklace and earring set that I made like this. I really like the first one better, but I sold it. A little history behind this set... The large part of the necklace was actually suppose to be an earring. I had purchased a book on beaded Native American earrings and this was the pattern I followed. The earring was much larger than what I would ever wear, so I made it into a necklace and scaled down the pattern to make earrings to match. The first necklace had porcupine quills instead of the bugle beads. I have a picture, somewhere, but it was a bit out of focus.







This mandela is also large. It is celebrating the Indian war pony.






This double dream catcher made the perfect wedding gift, paring the couples dreams and keeping all "evil" spirits captive in the webs. Bells are always good medicine.



These sets are simple beaded chokers and earrings with added peacock feathers with beading.






This necklace is a beaded dream catcher. Really quite simple, but elegant too.




Last, but certainly not least, my cross of nails. I made many of these, mostly smaller ones than is. This is all hand made, including the beaded chain using gold filled wire.


All for now, hope you've enjoyed viewing some of my crafts from the past.

No comments: