Monday, August 27, 2007

Is This Talent?

I debated on putting this here, on KS Born Talent, or over on my original blog, KS Born. Since I put my original post about the "Magic Kingdom" (very first post) on KS Born Talent I decided to post this here and then mention it on KS Born. I do not consider myself much of a sketch artist or painter. I have dabbled a bit in all of these, and have actually drawn a few things that I was rather proud of, but not something I'm real comfortable or confident with. Since I have found no one to help me with artwork for my children's story I thought I'd see what I could do. The following is a picture created with my Wacom in PhotoShop utilizing tools, textures and layers.


Please let me know what you think. What you might do different? To much color? To little color? How does the whole scene feel. Do you feel a story there?

6 comments:

Anita said...

I think it's great... makes me want to read the story!

KSHIPPYCHIC said...

I agree with Am! This looks really cool! Kinda dreamy like fairyland should be!

WichitaKsDailyPhoto said...

At first glance, I thought the picture was nice. When I enlarged the picture, I found it to be absolutely lovely in detail, color and theme. I like it!

I have thinly sliced cucumbers soaking in salt water in the fridge. Now, I'm off to find the next step of that nice salad you posted recently.

Moonshadow said...

Thanks SA, hippychic and wendy. I appreciate all your opinions. I may have to start another blog for pictures I have done myself so I don't fill up my KS Talent blog with them.

Wendy: I have a fresh batch of cucumbers soaking myself. Hope you enjoy your salad as much as I do.

Jennifer at Design Hole said...

Anyone who can figure out how to do this on Photoshop deserves a medal. So first, congratulations! Three cheers!

Next, I love the illustration. Very clever. Keep going.

Moonshadow said...

Thank You, Jennifer! I really need to get back to this, thanks for the encouragement. : )