Monday, July 28, 2008

Ye Olde State Bank Treasures & Antiques Preview

I've got a busy weekend with family ahead, but I wanted to give you a little taste of what I have in store for my next featured Kansas talent. This is a wonderful little store that's fairly new to Norwich, KS.
It's an antique/consignment store with lots of items both old and new to keep you browsing for quite some time.
Everything is laid out in a way that is pleasing to the eye and gives a comfortable homey feeling.
On Saturdays they have fresh donuts and beverages. There's catered luncheons that can be scheduled. I'll report on this in more detail in my next post.
The store's address is 207 N. Main, Norwich KS if you just can't wait till my next post to see more. They are open Friday 10am-7:30pm, Saturday 6am-7:30pm & Sunday 1pm-4pm. More photos and detailed information to come!

7 comments:

Hohl Family said...

How fun! I love stores like this one! We used to have a HUGE old church that was "Fran's Antiques", run by some really great people... it killed me when the tornado destroyed the thousands of fabulous things in that store! They are coming back, going to put their store in the only building left on Main Street, and live upstairs...

I'd like to come go through this store with you some day! :)

RecycleCindy said...

Thanks for sharing this antique and consignment store store with us. Many wonderful things in there just waiting to be found. It's a good thing it's so far from me. lol

Moonshadow said...

Anita - hopefully both this shop and Rowan's honey shop will be open when you visit and we can go see them. : )

Cindy - if you were closer you could put some of your creations in the shop to sell.

Swubird said...

The store looks fantastic. My wife and I practically live in collectible stores. We know of several good stores out here within driving distance, and I would guess that in the last twenty years, we've probably visited no less than a hundred of them. Some are closed now, but many still operate. As long as people have junk to give up, there will be others who want to buy it. We have enough collections of various items in our house to fill and average store. But, of course, we'll never part with a single item. They are the things that make our home so comfortable.

Nce posts.

happy trails.

Moonshadow said...

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog, Swubird! I plan on doing another post on this store once I get more information from them. They are only using one-half of the store at present, but plan on expanding into the other half before long.

Wendy said...

What a great building. I love old architecture. There's just not nearly enough where I live!

Moonshadow said...

Thanks, Wendy! Same here, old buildings have character.